Commitment to Privacy
Equinoxe Alternative Investment Services (“EQUINOXE”), through one or more of its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, provides fund administrative services to alternative investment funds (each a “Client”). In connection with these services, EQUINOXE would like to communicate its policy as it pertains to the privacy of Client information.
How and Why EQUINOXE Obtains Information
In order to facilitate the servicing of Clients, EQUINOXE may receive non-public personal information regarding the Client and its investors from the Client directly or other sources, including, but not limited to the following:
- From applications or forms, such as subscription document (information may include name, address, Social Security number, birth date assets, etc.)
- From verification services and consumer reporting agencies, if applicable
- From other sources with consent of the client (examples include auditors, prime brokers, etc
- From transaction activity in the client funds (examples include trading history and balance)
How EQUINOXE Protects Client Information
EQUINOXE has always considered the protection of sensitive information to be sound business practice and a foundation of client trust. In keeping with industry standards and practices, EQUINOXE employs extensive information protection controls. EQUINOXE also regularly reviews these physical, electronic and procedural controls to respond to changing requirements and advances in technology.
Within EQUINOXE and among its service providers, access to Client information is restricted to those who require such access in order to provide services to the Client. EQUINOXE may share personal information that is collected with:
- Affiliates – including affiliated service providers
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, technology providers)
- Government agencies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax reporting or under court or administrative order)
- Other organizations, with the consent of the client
- Other organizations, as permitted by the laws that protect your privacy (such as for fraud protection)
EQUINOXE considers privacy, security and service to be just as critical in the online environment as in the rest of its business operations. Therefore, EQUINOXE employs all of the same safeguards described above, along with the following internet specific practices.
EQUINOXE, along with its service providers uses a variety of proven protections to maintain the security of online sessions. For example, there is extensive use of firewall barriers, encryption techniques and authentication procedures. Also cookies and similar files may be placed on hard drives for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation, and to personalize the appearance of the site.
When EQUINOXE conducts business online, it may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on its websites. This information may be used, for example, to alert Clients to software compatibility issues or it may be analyzed to improve the Web design and its functionality
Access to your information
Please contact EQUINOXE if you have any questions at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org